Just in case you’re wondering if I’m still here… yes… yes I am. I wrote an entry a couple of weeks ago, published, and deleted it. I wrote last week, but after a re-read it was just too personal (see family issues below).
My crew and I just crossed the finish line on three ridiculous months of juggling all-things-life.
- Busiest season at work
- Husband/ business partner gone long-term twice
- Multiple school programs
- Volunteer activities at church and in community
- Christmas gathering – then Christmas again – then Christmas again
- Annual MS scan and labs – I always EXPECT these to go well, just anxiety.
- Driving the mom-bus to gymnastics, 4-H, and youth group
- Kids’ orthodontist appointments – EVERY MONTH!!! What?!?!
- And then we slide into this past week….
- Family issues
- Finding out I am signed up for treats both Tuesday and Wednesday at school
- Being called a “dirty whore” by an addict on my way into the pancake supper at church when I asked her if she needed help. Then she looked at my husband and said he’s “a good guy” and we “have nice kids.” Right…..
So there you go. It was more of a three-legged race where we were also supposed to be rubbing our bellies and patting our heads while singing Christmas carols with gusto.
My end of the year reflection is an annual occurrence. As if on repeat, my head shakes at lunacy we’ve just subjected ourselves to. Following closely behind the head shaking is a vow that “next year will be different!”
We can only hope.