Friday Top 10’s. A bit cliche with the number 10, but I’m going with it.
The month of November is all about what people are grateful for. To me, being grateful is all inclusive and not just what creates happiness.
Focusing in a bit, I’m going to start posting on Fridays my top 10’s. Generally, these will be things, events or people that make me happy, bring joy, or just otherwise lift me up.
Today I’m focusing on smells. The vast majority of people have a sense of smell. I grew up with a friend that did not. It is a very rare condition called anosmia. She has never smelled anything- good or bad. Makes me think- what would my life be like without smell?
Better when next to the person with a gastrointestinal issue… Worse if I’d miss out on all the things in my list.
Jen’s Top Ten Smells
(not in any particular order, just as I thought of them)
- Earth or dirt after a rain
- A warm alfalfa or prairie hay field
- Blooming lilac bushes (not the fake lotion/ candle smell – BIG difference!)
- My sleepy kids when I’m snuggling them at night. Is it just me or do sleepy kids smell better?
- Fresh baked bread
- Coffee (I actually like the smell more than the taste!)
- Cedar trees or a cedar chest
- My husband
- Freshly cut grass