Topics of conversation covered by my 5 and 7 year old children after school yesterday in under an hour:
- Sweet potatoes – do they all have to be orange?
- The garter snake family that we found living under our porch when we demolished it on Saturday. Where are they now? Did you know they can grow to almost 4 foot long? Found that out Saturday.
- “Why won’t my brother let me hug him?” – in dramatic fashion
- Snack options – settled on graham cracker sandwiches with a little chocolate frosting
- Halloween costumes – can we really mix a cheerleader uniform with angel wings? The answer is yes. It’s Halloween. #pickingmybattles
- “Fits don’t get us what we want.” Reminder number 8,000,531
- Corn dogs
- Will it really snow on Halloween? – Looks like a yes at this point…
- Did you know that there is no such thing as a “puhmillion” of something?
- Someone stole my tic tacs! Recovered from his bedroom floor an hour later.
- “Mom, did you know that B____ and A____ and L____ were told that if they didn’t stop punching, pinching, kicking, and hitting that they would have to go to the principal’s office? But not at the same time!” — The life of a Kindergartener
- Breakfast for dinner or pizza?
- Homework and sight words.
- Did anyone feed the cat?
- Hide and Go Seek in the house until the little one started crying.
Whew. Are you exhausted? I was by 6pm….
Happy Halloween! — Jen