You are probably seriously wondering who is more eager to be done this year… me or my kids? I’d say it’s a tie.
10. It’s light out until almost 9pm and bedtime was no later than 8:20pm. “Mom, it isn’t even dark out yet!!!” Can’t argue with that.
9. Sticker charts are no longer working for anything. Nada. Zilch. NOTHING.
8. They’ve been watching movies in the majority of their “specials” (art, music, etc.) for two weeks already.
7. Summer baseball games have started, as they have every year previously for decades, and school is still in session.
6. Even the teachers are wondering why they voted for this later “last day” calendar.
5. Everybody is crying in the morning about getting up for school. Not sure my kids could move any slower.
4. School lunch. That’s what you are eating unless you are going on a field trip. No special lunches because you “don’t like what we’re having at school today.” Find something you can chew and swallow on that plate.
3. I’m only opening the backpack once a week…
2. We stopped with homework 3 weeks ago. The teacher said it was optional?
1. For the love of all good things: The sun is shining. Birds are singing. Grass needs mowing. Flowers are blooming. Garden is growing. Farming is kicking into high gear and I’m still running carpool!
3 more days!!!