Spring Break Recap:
- Yesteryday was the end of spring break. Kids back on normal schedule this week. Can I get an amen??? I prayed for my crew Sunday morning at church as we ended the week. Tensions were high. Ears were turned off. I wanted to end the break on a positive and not as the chaos that ensued trying to get out the door for the morning service.
- Achieved laundry success!!! First time this working mother has put away all the laundry since January. We switched out sizes for my two growing littles and put EVERYTHING away. If you’ve read my writing before, you’ll know that I always choose time with my kids over a spotless, orderly house. I call our house clean but functional. The easiest ball to drop is putting away the clean laundry…
- Rehashing all the fun we did have over the last week. Even though both parents had to work, I was able to adjust my work schedule for a few days so we could do some fun things with cousins and get in our 6m dental appointments.
- Deer shed hunting. Male whitetail deer drop their antlers each spring. They literally fall off their heads. As a family, we walked a few pastures yesterday searching for them. Found 4 – all of them left side. To date, we’ve collected 20 total over the last few years – 18 are lefts. That’s a strange statistic. Nature is unpredictable, gorgeous, peaceful, and the fresh air is invigorating.
- We celebrated our friend’s birth of a new baby girl into a family of all boys with pizza and a visit. The kids also enjoyed a cousin’s birthday party while we were at our annual personal tax appointment.
And finally to close it out…
- I hugged my husband and told him that I love him more than any argument we could ever have.
- I hugged my children and told them they are important to me and I love them.